What it is about being crazy in love and the desire to eat myself comatose?
I’ve had the luxury of having my boyfriend to stay this week, which gives me perfect the excuse to cook (and eat) the most ridiculous amount of food. More specifically, it’s the perfect chance attempt eating my own weight in chocolate.
Left to my own devices, I swear I usually eat pretty healthy, but when lovely boyfriend is over, I just want to be cuddled up in my duvet eating horrible amounts of chocolate traybakes to the dulcet tones of Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs, great TV).
These super-simple, lazy-ass chocolate traybakes are perfect for when you couldn’t be bothered to make anything that takes effort, or, God forbid, requires your to get out of your PJs.
No-Cook Choccy Traybake
Ingredients: Cocoa Powder 3Tbs (Milk/Dark) Chocolate 300g Rich Tea Biscuits 250g Golden Syrup 3-4Tbs Margarine 250g Utensils: Saucepan Glass/Pyrex Bowl Baking Tray 3-4cm Depth Mixing Spoon
1. Crush Rich Tea biscuits finely.
2. Melt marg in a saucepan on low heat, and add cocoa power, crushed biscuits, syrup. Mixture together thoroughly
3. Pour this sticky biscuit base into a baking tray with 3-4cm depth, and press down gently to help it set solidly.
4. Rinse the saucepan (or use another) to bring a 4cm depth of water to a steady boil – place the glass bowl on-top.
5. Tip in chunks of chocolate to bowl and melt for topping. When melted spread over the biscuit base.
6. Put the tray into the fridge to cool for 15-20mins.
Now, boil that kettle and brew yourself a cuppa. It’s traybake time.
Wishing you all chocolatey joy,